DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - FINAL PROJECT

 

9 June 2023 ~ 7 July 2023 / Week 10 ~ Week 14
Lee Kai Jin / 0354707 / Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Digital Media Production)
Digital Photography and Imaging / Taylor's University

Task (Exercises / Project):
Final Project
- Self-titled


LECTURES

Week 10 (Fri, 9 June 2023): Assignment Brief

Due to some issues, the class is conducted at 11am online. However, I already had a dental appointment at 12pm. Therefore, I was forced to leave the meeting in the middle of the tutorial session.

The class today is mainly about the assignment brief of the final project.

Week 11 (Fri, 16 June 2023):

Tutorial on how to use Adobe After Effects for our final project. Mainly about how to import from Adobe PS into Adobe AE.

L_11.0, Interface of Adobe AE, week 11

L_11.1, Work on Adobe PS, week 11

L_11.2, Transfer the layers from Adobe PS into Adobe AE, week 11

Week 12 (Fri, 23 June 2023): Photo Shooting Day

Students dressed according to their design and the photo shoot is held in E1.01 (Photo Studio) at Taylor's University. Unfortunately, due to the heavy jam at LDP (a very serious road accident and the road was blocked) and extreme weather, I could not attend to campus on time. Once I reach the class was already ended. Therefore, I request my friend to help me somewhere else instead with nice lighting.


INSTRUCTIONS

SELF-TITLED

In this assignment, we are required to design a "moving portrait" using Adobe AE with a theme that represents ourselves. For example, hobby, interest, talent, etc.

I love technology stuff such as electronic gadgets, games, computers, software, etc. I want to make something like the retro game style (pixelated elements) which makes it looks like in the world of game.

I_11.0, Moodboard inspiration, week 11.

I_11.1, Sketch #1, week 11


I_11.1, Sketch #2, week 11

I decided to make 2 designs in one video. To avoid the video looking to plain, I designed a TV that at the same time represents the progress bar.

I_12.0, Part 1, week 12

I_12.1, Part 2, week 12

First at first, remove the background for all the portraits taken.

I_13.0, Remove background of my portrait, week 13

For the TV, I chose 5 icons that represent the organization that I currently participate in.

I_13.1, Icons on some of the organizations I am currently in, week 13

I_13.2, Refer to ratio and colour of controller, week 13

I_13.3, Pixelated art of game controller, week 13

I_13.4, Result of the game controller, week 13

I_13.5, Minor adjustment, week 13

I_13.6, Using the same method, I draw out more elements, week 13

I_13.7, 5 elements that represent my hobbies, week 13

I_13.8, Some random shapes that use for background, week 13

I_13.9, TV to use as "progress" bar, week 13

I_14.0, Import the elements into Adobe AE, week 14

I want to use the built-in features in Adobe AE which can "roll" the picture. However, I found out it can only be rolled in one direction.

I_14.1, Wrong orientation, week 14

Therefore, I have to rotate the picture first outside the software, and rotate the whole thing 90 degrees in Adobe AE.

I_14.2, After rotating it outside the software, week 14

I_14.3, Put the "roll" into the "TV", week 14

I_14.4, Animate the background, week 14

I_14.5, Use 5 portraits, week 14

I_14.6, Animate the "hobby" part, week 14

I_14.7, Animate the "hobby" part, week 14

I_14.8, Add in text for "No Way", week 14

Final Submission

Review in .gif

Final Submission in .mp4

Youtube link: https://youtube.com/shorts/leWi9T9038M


Feedback

Week 13: Project review

General Feedback: Looks very good.

Specific Feedback: Might make some creative moves on the portrait to make it more interesting instead of static picture.


REFLECTIONS

Experience:

Super fun! Never do this before and I love it! Can't wait to share it on my social media.

Observations:

I am camera shy and it is not easy for me to show my face on camera.

Findings:

The link between few Adobe software are perfect and increase a lot of efficiency.


FURTHER READING

Adobe After Effects Classroom in a Book

FR_1.0, Adobe After Effects Classroom in a Book

This book introduced some tips or "hacks" in Adobe After Effects to achieve some effect easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - PROJECT 1

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - PROJECT 2

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - FINAL COMPILATION