TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

28 Mar 2022 ~ 28 June 2022 / Week 1 ~ Week 14

Lee Kai Jin / 0354707 / Bachelors of Mass Communication (Hons) (Digital Media Production)
Typography / Taylor's University

Final Compilation and Reflection

Instruction

Task 1 - Exercise
Task 2 - Typographic Exploration & Communication
Task 3A - Type Design & Communication (Typeface Design)
Task 3B - Type Design & Communication (Telegram Sticker Design)


Task 1: Exercises

Final Submission of Task 1: Type Expression

Submission for Task 1A: Type Expression (.jpeg), week 3, (12 Apr 2022)

Submission of Task 1A: Type Expression (.pdf), week 3 (12 Apr 2022)

Final Submission of GIF

I decided to choose "pop" as my final submission because this is my favourite.

Final gif for "POP", week 3 (19 Apr 2022)

Final Submission of Text Formatting

Submission of task 1B: Text Layout Formatting (.jpeg), week 5 (26 Apr 2022)

Submission of task 1B: Text Layout Formatting (.pdf), week 5 (26 Apr 2022)

Task 1B with gridlines

Font : Adobe Caslon Pro
Typeface : Headline (Semibold), Subhead (Italic), Paragraph (Regular)
Font size :  Headline (41pt), Subhead (24pt), Paragraph (10.5pt)
Leading: 13pt
Paragraph Spacing: 13
Average characters per line : 49 to 63
Alignment: Justify with last line aligned left
Margins : Top (25mm), Left and Right (15mm), Bottom (40mm)
Columns : 4
Gutter (for columns) : 5mm


Task 2: Typographic Exploration & Communication

Final Submission:

Final submission of Task 2: Typographic Exploration & Communication (.jpeg), Week 7 (10 May 2022)

Final Submission of Task 2: Typographic Exploration & Communication (.pdf), Week 7 (10 May 2022)

Task 2 with gridlines

Task 3A: Type Design & Communication (Typeface Design)

Final Submission:

Submission of illustration of all letters (jpeg), week 10 (31 May 2022)



Submission of poster (jpeg), week 10 (31 May 2022)


Submission of illustration of all letters (pdf), week 10 (31 May 2022)

Submission of illustration of poster (pdf), week 10 (31 May 2022)



Task 3B: Type Design & Communication (Telegram Sticker)

Final Submission:


Final Submission of the sticker, black and white, week 13 (22 Jun 2022)

Final Submission of the sticker, colour, week 13 (22 Jun 2022)


PDF of both colour and black & white



Reflection

Experience

I take this module as one of my minor subject and I would never regret about this. I have experienced a lot of fun and this module teach me a lot of knowledge on skills in designing typography projects including article, printed book layout, website design, text art and more. Even though there are some struggle and stress while completing the assignments, I felt satisfied and sense of achievement after I completed my projects.

Observation

I know that my outcome might not able to compete with my other classmates who are major in designing but I have tried my best and use my ability as I can to produce outcome that I am satisfied in. After studying this module, I also found out that I will pay more attention on typographic design and layout especially while reading printed materials such as magazine and newspaper.

Findings

I have learnt a lot of skills in typography and this module also make me aware and increase my sense on typographic design, especially on usage of space and layout. Even though I found out that I might have good sense in typographic design but I will explore more on this field in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - PROJECT 1

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - PROJECT 2

VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION - FINAL COMPILATION